Test Your Jazz Knowledge! – Answers
1. David Sanborn contracted polio when he was 3 years old.
2. George Duke arranged and produced the song “Let’s Hear It For the Boy” (Footloose).
3. David Sanborn was a member of the Butterfield Blues Band.
4. David Sanborn hosted the musical television show, Night Music.
5. George Duke was awarded Best R&B Keyboardist by Keyboard Magazine.
6. Marcus Miller toured with his idol Miles Davis for two years.
7. David Sanborn won his first Grammy with the album Voyeur.
8. Marcus Miller produced the album Voyeur.
9. David Sanborn played a street musician in the 1988 movie Scrooged.
10. George Duke was the Music Director of the “Soul Train Music Awards” for 11 years.
11. Marcus Miller’s music education started with the recorder at age 8.
12. George Duke studied at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music.
News & More
Fraze Pavilion has recently implemented new policies regarding the size of bags allowed at events. Bags or purses 12”x12”x6” or smaller will be permitted into the facility. Back packs are prohibited. We are making these …Posted on August 9, 2016
What do you do at Fraze Pavilion? Over the past 15 years, I have been a member of the management team, the last 2 years I worked on the production team, and this summer I’m …Posted on July 6, 2016
Pictured at right: Pat Bailey with long time friend Tina Garland What are your duties at Fraze? I’ve worked at Fraze since the summer of 2005 so this will be my 12th season. I work …Posted on May 23, 2016